Top Posts & Pages
- Why you should visit Canada’s Maritime provinces
- The fable of the fox and the ducks
- Wordless Wednesday - what are we doing to our planet? | Dec 4/19
- Things I’ll do differently when I’m old: an alternative view
- If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin
- Confidence and commitment, essential for leaders and also for Olympians!
- The fable of the porcupine and the cows
- The joy of being a woman in her 70s – or joy at any age
- Landscape and identity
- Motivation, where are you hiding?
- Wordless Wednesday – what are we doing to our planet? | Dec 4/19
- Black Friday … or Buy Nothing Day?
- Kindness is key to health and happiness, and it’s free!
- A new project finally begins
- Making the Human Race Whole
- 101 years of Remembrance Days: what we remember and what we keep forgetting
- Runfessions: Time to hang up the sneakers
- Marathon Training for Aging Dummies with appeal for runners and non-runners alike!
- What do singing and baseball have in common?
- Some advice on getting old
- Children's stories
- Entrepreneurship & Business
- History and Politics
- Just wondering
- Life stories
- Odds and Ends
- Practicing French
- Wordless Wednesday
Please do not reblog or otherwise publish or disseminate any content from this site, including prose, photos, or drawings, without written permission. The photographs, drawings, and text contained on this site are the property of Jane Fritz and may not be used without written permission.
Tag Archives: Ottawa
It’s spring. Sometimes known in northern reaches such as ours as mud season. To be clear, spring in these parts usually starts several weeks after March 21, after the winter’s snow has really left. And, if you live near a … Continue reading
Our two 2013 target races (to date) are now consigned to history. Two weeks ago – Mother’s Day weekend – we traveled to Toronto for the Sporting Life 10K. Eight of our family members joined 27,000 others in running down … Continue reading
It’s time to answer the question: “What next?” In the running department, that is. The past two years our plan has worked well. Having target races has been key. The running year just finished we scheduled a family-gathering half marathon … Continue reading
When my hamstrings started bothering me a few weeks ago, I decided it meant I must be doing something right, since most runners talk about tight hamstrings. This is called putting a positive spin on things! Positive spin or not, … Continue reading