Top Posts & Pages
- Why you should visit Canada’s Maritime provinces
- The fable of the fox and the ducks
- Wordless Wednesday - what are we doing to our planet? | Dec 4/19
- Things I’ll do differently when I’m old: an alternative view
- If you see me collapse, pause my Garmin
- Confidence and commitment, essential for leaders and also for Olympians!
- The fable of the porcupine and the cows
- The joy of being a woman in her 70s – or joy at any age
- Landscape and identity
- Motivation, where are you hiding?
- Wordless Wednesday – what are we doing to our planet? | Dec 4/19
- Black Friday … or Buy Nothing Day?
- Kindness is key to health and happiness, and it’s free!
- A new project finally begins
- Making the Human Race Whole
- 101 years of Remembrance Days: what we remember and what we keep forgetting
- Runfessions: Time to hang up the sneakers
- Marathon Training for Aging Dummies with appeal for runners and non-runners alike!
- What do singing and baseball have in common?
- Some advice on getting old
- Children's stories
- Entrepreneurship & Business
- History and Politics
- Just wondering
- Life stories
- Odds and Ends
- Practicing French
- Wordless Wednesday
Please do not reblog or otherwise publish or disseminate any content from this site, including prose, photos, or drawings, without written permission. The photographs, drawings, and text contained on this site are the property of Jane Fritz and may not be used without written permission.
Tag Archives: grandchildren
Last week we entered new territory. Our 9-year old grandson flew to our home town all by himself (an official unaccompanied minor) to spend a week with us. Although we don’t live near either of our sons, we interact with their families … Continue reading
From comments and reflections from my previous post on 5 advantages of getting old(er), it seems that I am not the only one thinking about this. Let’s try a few more. Again, in no particular order: You have the privilege … Continue reading
We have lived in prime whale-watching country for more than 40 years, but it wasn’t until after I jumped at the opportunity to go whale watching – for killer whales – while on a trip to British Columbia 20 years … Continue reading
I’ve been a grandmother for 7 years now. Not a grandmother who lives across town from her grandchildren, who has the family for Sunday dinner every week, and who has home-baked cookies waiting when the grandkids drop by. But, for … Continue reading