Top Posts & Pages
- The fable of the porcupine and the cows
- Exploring the Canadian High Arctic – the lazy way
- The fable of the fox and the ducks
- 5 mentoring tips for women
- Life lesson from Stephen Covey: tending the ties that bind
- Things I’ll do differently when I’m old: an alternative view
- Aging and running: managing expectations, capturing that feeling of joy
- Réflexion sur l’éducation au Nouveau-Brunswick
- Grandmothers, granddaughters, and the Circle of Life
- Small-scale farming - an African success story
- Wordless Wednesday – what are we doing to our planet? | Dec 4/19
- Black Friday … or Buy Nothing Day?
- Kindness is key to health and happiness, and it’s free!
- A new project finally begins
- Making the Human Race Whole
- 101 years of Remembrance Days: what we remember and what we keep forgetting
- Runfessions: Time to hang up the sneakers
- Marathon Training for Aging Dummies with appeal for runners and non-runners alike!
- What do singing and baseball have in common?
- Some advice on getting old
- Children's stories
- Entrepreneurship & Business
- History and Politics
- Just wondering
- Life stories
- Odds and Ends
- Practicing French
- Wordless Wednesday
Please do not reblog or otherwise publish or disseminate any content from this site, including prose, photos, or drawings, without written permission. The photographs, drawings, and text contained on this site are the property of Jane Fritz and may not be used without written permission.
Tag Archives: Chicago
I was successful in overcoming the urge to write a post after Andy Scott’s funeral a few weeks ago. I reminded myself of my self-imposed hiatus. I was successful then, but now there’s a new topic that I simply cannot … Continue reading
The suitcases are unpacked, the legs are massaged, and my two-page training schedule is relegated to the recycle bin. All that focus on the Chicago Marathon, front and center in our lives for 6 months, is now a memory, albeit … Continue reading
Dreaming of traveling to exotic places? Consider signing up for the Great Wall Marathon outside Beijing or The Big Five Marathon in South Africa. How about a marathon at Petra? There’s one called the Polar Circle marathon in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, the … Continue reading