Top Posts & Pages
- The fable of the porcupine and the cows
- The fable of the fox and the ducks
- Exploring the Canadian High Arctic – the lazy way
- 5 mentoring tips for women
- Life lesson from Stephen Covey: tending the ties that bind
- “Planned obsolescence” for appliances is bad enough, but mattresses too?!
- Things I’ll do differently when I’m old: an alternative view
- Aging and running: managing expectations, capturing that feeling of joy
- The word is out: Trump’s rhetoric is eroding America’s moral authority
- Réflexion sur l’éducation au Nouveau-Brunswick
- Wordless Wednesday – what are we doing to our planet? | Dec 4/19
- Black Friday … or Buy Nothing Day?
- Kindness is key to health and happiness, and it’s free!
- A new project finally begins
- Making the Human Race Whole
- 101 years of Remembrance Days: what we remember and what we keep forgetting
- Runfessions: Time to hang up the sneakers
- Marathon Training for Aging Dummies with appeal for runners and non-runners alike!
- What do singing and baseball have in common?
- Some advice on getting old
- Children's stories
- Entrepreneurship & Business
- History and Politics
- Just wondering
- Life stories
- Odds and Ends
- Practicing French
- Wordless Wednesday
Please do not reblog or otherwise publish or disseminate any content from this site, including prose, photos, or drawings, without written permission. The photographs, drawings, and text contained on this site are the property of Jane Fritz and may not be used without written permission.
Category Archives: Just wondering
I don’t usually do blog posts two days in a row, but a letter to the editor in our local morning paper made me decide to make an exception. Its message is so worth sharing. Full credit to its author, … Continue reading
If anyone had asked me that question a few weeks ago I just would have laughed. I love singing and I enjoy watching baseball on TV, but having anything in common, yeah, right! Until I attended a weekend choral workshop … Continue reading
This past week there was an intriguing opinion piece in Toronto’s Globe and Mail entitled “It’s only natural to rage against aging”. Written by David Sinclair and Matthew LaPlante, their overriding point is that there is no reason why we … Continue reading
We have just finished spending more time than I should admit watching one of the best US Tennis Opens ever. The quality of the tennis and the remarkable level of the young emerging tennis players was something to behold. Energy, … Continue reading
As follow-up to my recent Wordless Wednesday image, this blog post from blog Where on Earth is Francine uses words to powerfully convey our need to change our dependence on plastic, starting with bottled water. She ends with the quote, … Continue reading
Originally posted on A Sassy Lifestyle Blog:
You Know You’re Canadian When… I am so excited that I get to spend Canada Day in Canada this July 1st!! Living in the US for the past three years, I have noticed…
Originally posted on Musings and Wonderings:
A five-point plan for mainstream media to cover fewer royal babies and more of our unfolding catastrophe. By Sean Holman 28 May 2019 | TheTyee.caSean Holman covered B.C. politics for 10 years and is now a journalism professor…