This and my next post are kind of breather posts, because I have some homework to do in accepting two blog awards, both of which are most gratefully received. The pay-it-forward component of accepting these awards gives readers a breather before I get back to my on-going list of all-over-the-map blog topics!
I have been nominated for the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. Thank you so much, Jane Tims, at www.nichepoetryandprose.wordpress.com, for nominating me for this award. Jane’s blog was the first one I started following in earnest. Jane is a poet, an artist, and a botanist, and she combines these talents and interests in an informative, artistic, and entertaining blog.
The Rules of Acceptance:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to his/her blog in your post:
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate up to ten bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them
I would like to nominate the following blogs for this award. They’re all different and I enjoy each of them for the authentic way they bring their interests and lives to the reader. I hope you visit them and enjoy their posts as much as I do:
My homework – seven possibly unknown things about me:
- My favourite wild animal is the tiger, followed by the polar bear and the giraffe. I have yet to see a polar bear in the wild, but it’s on my list.
- My favourite farm animal by far is the cow – but if you read my blog you know that already!
- I hate having to back up in my car. I never could have been a truck driver!
- Unlike Kramer, I could never be a ball boy/girl at a tennis tournament – too stressful.
- Similarly, I could never be a page turner for a concert pianist – even more stressful. What if you turned two pages by mistake?
- I’ve lived in 3 countries (U.S., Canada, U.K.) and visited 47 others. It’s quite a world out there!
- I completed my bucket list in 2004 when we visited the Galapagos. I’m now working on a new one, which currently has one item: seeing polar bears in the wild.
Thank you so much to all the blogs mentioned above for sharing their thoughts and their lives so effectively and engagingly. Best wishes to all, Jane
Thank you nominating me though I’m not sure why. I write how I feel and like what I write about and feel like that’s one of the reasons why I enjoy your blog so much. Let me know if I’m supposed to do anything else to vote for you!!
No voting necessary. If I understand it correctly, these awards are really to help spread the word about blogs you like, and I like yours! So if there are any other blogs you like you can make use of your nomination to post links to them on a posting similar to the one I just did. I don’t spend that much time looking at other blogs, but yours is definitely one of my favorites. I can just feel like I am on your farm when I read it. It takes me back there where I was at one time. I’m not sure that I still have your amount of energy, especially for house cleaning! 🙂
My energy for that is waning. I used to be a fanatic about it and drive my kids crazy about it. It followed my daughter to her home but not so much for my son.
Pingback: Lovely Blogs « Ch'I Journey
Hi Jane! Thanks for the nomination and I’ve paid it forward on my post today. http://chijourney.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/lovely-blogs/
Good luck with your training!